I am still not sure how government will ensure that money is being used for marriage or education. Please feel free to share your thoughts on this.
- Birth Certificate of the girl child
- Identity proof of the parent/guardian
- Residence proof of the parent/guardian
- As of now, there is no nomination facility available for this scheme. In the event of girl’s death, the account will be closed and the balance will be paid to the parent/guardian of the account holder.
- The SSA is transferable anywhere in India if there is a need for the same.
- If there are two girls, you can invest Rs 1.5 lacs into each girl’s SSA. But you can only claim tax benefit for a maximum of Rs 1.5 lacs (upper cap of Section 80C)