- Your Tolerance for Market Falls is probably Not What You Think
- Interview – a Financially Independent Entrepreneur
- SIP Return Calculations – How much Wealth is created?
- Invest Rs 10,000 per month
- Invest Rs 15,000 per month
- Invest Rs 20,000 per month
- Invest Rs 25,000 per month
- Invest Rs 50,000 per month
- Invest Rs 1 lakh per month
- State of Indian Stock Markets – August 2017
- PPF Calculator in Excel – FREE Download
- Profiting + Saving Yourself by Recognizing Patterns
- Home Loans – How Shorter tenor can save you Lacs?
- It’s Your (& nobody else’s) Moral Responsibility to Achieve Higher Returns
- Is a Rs 50 Lakh or 1 crore Life Insurance Enough?
- 9-Point Investment Plan and 209 words Financial Plan
- State of Indian Stock Markets – July 2017
- Is higher cost of Active Management justified in Indian context?
- A Portfolio to ensure that Life doesn’t F*** You!
- 5 People. 1 Story. Reality of Indian Real Estate
- What’s the Right Portfolio Asset Allocation for Young Investors
- State of Indian Stock Markets – June 2017
- Interviewing a Rich & Anonymous Investor
- Running out of money before running out of Years
- State of Indian Stock Markets – May 2017
- FREE Download – Financial Goal Planning Excel Worksheet
- Financial Goals – How to Set + Not Mess Up
- Loans and Why we Borrow?
- State of Indian Stock Markets – April 2017
- Should you bother about GST so much?
- Do Indian Markets seem Overvalued?
- 70% Information
- Mid-Monthly April 2017
- Even after Rate Cuts, PPF is good for your Long Term Goals
- 6-ft tall and drowning in River of 5-ft average depth. How?
- Is it Sensible to Diversify your Portfolio Internationally?
- State of Indian Stock Markets – March 2017
- Advice You Didn’t Ask For – What to do as New Financial Year Begins?
- Saving 10% Salary – Is it Really Enough?
- Being Wise about Spending Today Vs Saving for Tomorrow
- PE Ratio Analysis of Nifty Returns – 2017 Update
- One Father’s Memo to Daughter about Portfolio Management
- State of Indian Stock Markets – February 2017
- Mid-Monthly February 2017
- One Important Advice by a Chinese Man I met in Egypt
- State of Indian Stock Markets – January 2017
- Real Life Example – Tragic Consequences of being Under-Insured
- What is Goal-based Financial Planning Anyway?
- F.I.R.E = Financial Independence + Retiring Early
- Mid-Monthly January 2017
- Monk or Minister?
- Section 80C and How Salaried Young Indians can Save Tax & Grow Rich
- State of Indian Stock Markets – December 2016
- Nifty Annual Returns – Historical Analysis (2016)
- The 10 Best Articles of 2016
- You get Investment Returns you Deserve. Not What you Want or Need!
- Mid-Monthly December 2016
- State of Indian Stock Markets – November 2016
- Stable Investor turns 5
- Mid-Monthly November 2016
- Why you should convince your Close Relatives to get Insured too?
- State of Indian Stock Markets – October 2016
- Bad News Investor – Investing on Bad News
- Insurance is NOT Investment. Don’t Mix the Two!
- Timeless, Timely & Timing
- State of Indian Stock Markets – September 2016
- 10th Man Rule – Save Yourself
- Mid-Monthly September 2016
- Are Indian Stock Markets Overvalued?
- Free Book Giveaway – Warren Buffett’s Birthday – Results
- My Money works for Me – Can You Say That?
- Interview with Jonathan Clements (who has authored 1008+ Articles for Wall Street Journal)
- State of Indian Stock Markets – August 2016 (new additions)
- Free Book Giveaway – Warren Buffett’s Birthday Celebrations
- PPF Interest Rate History & What you should really know?
- My Interview with Wealthy.in
- Mid-Monthly August 2016
- Financial Independence Day
- 19 Practical + Simple Ideas on Wealth Creation
- Every Life Tip in 1 Simple Paragraph!
- Investing with Robo-Advisors in India – Will you do it?
- State of Indian Stock Markets – July 2016
- 66 Things Not to Do if You want to be Better off Financially.
- Done Your Tax Planning? But what about Financial (Investment) Planning?
- Stable Investor Mid-Monthly July 2016
- Update – Stable Investor Being Upgraded.
- Case Study – When investing for 10 years pays more than investing for 30 years
- 52 Week Highs & Lows – How to Profit from Fluctuations in Sensex & Nifty Stocks
- State of Indian Stock Markets – June 2016
- Sensible Measures without getting Too Ambitious
- Stable Investor Mid-Monthly
- Unnecessary Risks and Why Some People Always Lose Money
- You + Are Smart = Will Be Rich?
- Interview with John Huber – Part 2
- State of Indian Stock Markets – May 2016
- Interview with John Huber – Part 1
- Financial Principles by Jason Zweig. Guaranteed to Make You Smart.
- Pay Off Loans or Start Saving & Investing?
- Why are IPOs Overpriced & come in Rising Markets?
- State of Indian Stock Markets – April 2016
- Health Care Inflation: Are Your Prepared for this Future Horror?
- Interview With Mid-Cap Mogul Kenneth Andrade
- How much Life Insurance to Buy & How To Calculate the Right Amount?
- When to Choose a Not-So-Great Investment Strategy?
- 17 Disturbing Personal Finance Questions to Ask Yourself
- Getting Your Personal Finances in Order
- P/E Ratio Analysis of Nifty – February 2016 Update
- Why I Pray For A Long Bear Market?
- Are You Worried About Falling Bank Stocks?
- I Don’t Know. Just Say It.
- Interview with Morgan Housel – Part 3
- Interview with Morgan Housel – Part 2
- Interview with Morgan Housel – Part 1
- Not Planning for your Children-Specific Financial Goals? You will screw up your other Goals.
- I want to interview You.
- How changes in Index Constituents impact Index PE Ratios and PE Based Investing?
- Investing Lessons I have learnt from The Mahabharata
- To Compare or Not to Compare
- Auditing my 2015 Resolutions & making 5 New Ones for 2016
- How to Make Money in Stock Markets?
- Investing in Large-Cap Stocks. Don’t Ignore It.
- Fed Rate Hike and what Indian Investors can do about it
- No. Stock Markets Never go Up Straight.
- How to convince your Spouse to start investing in Mutual Funds and Stocks?
- Stable Investor Completes 4 Years – My Letter to You
- Your Parents are not your Emergency Fund. Your Children are not your Retirement Fund.
- A Small Guide I refer to when Investing in Stock Markets
- How do I accumulate Rs 1 Crore in 10 years?
- Yes. Buying Health Insurance protects Your Wealth, not Health.
- Why Time Value of Money is a Big Deal?
- 2 Colorful ‘Periodic Tables’ of Asset Allocation – Useful Visualizers for Financial Goal Planning
- “October Effect on Stock Markets” and Other Financial Nonsense
- What Would Happen If You took a loan of Rs 5 Lacs and Invested in Nifty?
- Had the 2003-2007 Bull Market & 2008-2009 Bear Market not been so Severe?
- Building Wealth through Systematic Investing in Mutual Funds – A Case Study
- Should You Buy Stocks after the recent 10% Crash or Wait More?
- What are your Systemically Important Investments?
- How can Narendra Modi help improve your Investment Portfolio?
- Case Study – How Wrong Assumptions Can Destroy Your Happy Retirement Plans?
- My Wife – The Value Investor (of Precious Metals)?
- An Open Letter to my 18 Year old Self
- Mutual Funds Vs ETFs in India – Which one to choose Today, And Which one in Future?
- A Cheatsheet for Automatically accumulating Funds for Future Repeat Purchases
- Roti, Kapda, Equity & Makaan
- How Stock Markets can improve your Living Standard – A Stunning Example!
- Living Paycheck to Paycheck? Solution: Treat Savings as Monthly Bills
- Mutual Funds Vs Real Estate – Which is better for Investing in India?
- How to manage your finances when you get your first job?
- Becoming a Value Investor using Nifty PE Ratio
- Tell me Your Financial Problems, Questions & Concerns. I want to write more about Your problems & Help You with solutions.
- 17 Honest Facts You Might Not Know About Me
- Case Study – How a 10-Year delay can Destroy your ‘Get-Rich’ Plan?
- Rule 25-5 : And Warren Buffett’s Surprising Suggestion to his Pilot!!
- Focusing on Cashbacks & Reward Points Won’t Make You Rich – But There is Something Else that will
- A Short Story about a Mexican Fisherman and a Banker – To Convince You of Irrelevance of ‘More Money’
- Complete Guide – Sukanya Samriddhi Account (with Updated 80C Tax Benefits)
- Imagine what will happen, if This Guy is able to deliver on all his promises
- Overdraft Loans (OD) – For SMEs and upcoming businesses
- Don’t read this after 1st April 2015
- 5 Stock Picking Criteria for Those who don’t know much about Stock Analysis & Finance
- 40 Words To Question Your Notions About ‘Long Term’
- Case Study – Do You Have Surplus Money To Put Aside for 5+ Years? Then You Should Read This
- 3 Cs of Cash, Courage & Crisis – Read This Post Again When You Start Losing Money in Stock Markets
- Dividend Yield Analysis of Nifty in 2015 (Since last 16+ Years)
- P/BV Ratio Analysis of Nifty in 2015 (Since last 16+ Years)
- P/E Ratio Analysis of Nifty in 2015 (Since last 16+ Years)
- Boring Tuesdays – Three Things to Read Today – 9
- Power of Increasing Your SIP by 5% or 10% Every Year
- Boring Tuesdays – Three Things to Read Today – 8
- Case Study: How To Accumulate Rs 8.4 Crores? Starting Only with Rs 10K every Month?
- 18 on 30
- Thoughts – Money Linked Mindlessness, Valuations, False Hopes!
- Reader’s Story: How I Created a Corpus of Rs 3.7 Crores in 10 Years!! – Part 2
- Reader’s Story: How I Created a Corpus of Rs 3.7 Crores in 10 Years!! – Part 1
- Boring Tuesdays – Three Things to Read Today – 7
- Case Study – Combining HDFC Top 200 & Recurring Deposit – Part 4
- Boring Tuesdays – Three Things to Read Today – 6
- Case Study – Combining HDFC Top 200 & Recurring Deposit – Part 3
- How A Father Convinced His Daughter Not to Sell Her Stocks in Panic
- Boring Tuesdays – Three Things to Read Today – 5
- Case Study – Combining HDFC Top 200 & Recurring Deposit – Part 2 (Reader’s Reactions)
- The 6 Deadly Sins of Investing
- 4 Common Mistakes to Avoid while Buying Your Term Insurance Plan
- Boring Tuesdays – Three Things to Read Today – 4
- Case Study – Surprising Results of combining HDFC Top 200 & Recurring Deposit (Market Crash Fund)
- My 7 Resolutions for 2015 – No I Don’t Only Want to Save & Invest. I Want to Spend & Read too!
- Will the Next Big Market Crash Come Before 2016?
- Boring Tuesdays – Three Things to Read Today – 3
- Interview – Safal Niveshak’s Vishal Khandelwal – Part 4 (Final Part)
- When Buying Your First House, Choose Dependency & Capability Over Cheapness
- Mailbag: What are DVR Shares which State Bank of India (SBI) is planning to issue soon?
- Boring Tuesdays – Three Things to Read Today – 2
- Interview – Safal Niveshak’s Vishal Khandelwal – Part 3
- A Short Story to tell why You shouldn’t Compare Your Portfolio Returns with Index Returns
- Boring Tuesdays – Three Things to Read Today – 1
- Had He Not Bought That House For Rs 27 Crores…
- If Other People Were Like Stock Market People – Thankfully, They Are Not!
- Stable Investor Completes 3 Years – My Letter to You
- Someone Said I Have Double Standards. My Reply – It Works For Me & I Will Stick To It
- A Short Story About Monkeys & Goats – To Convince You To Buy Stocks of Only Good Businesses
- 10 Stock PSU Banks Portfolio – 1st Year Performance Update
- Top 10 Hacks to Safeguard Your Money – # 1
- 10 Principles (actually 9) which ensure that First Financial Accident that occurs does not make You Bankrupt
- Proof(s) of How Small is India’s Largest Company – Last One is a Big Surprise!!
- Interview – Safal Niveshak’s Vishal Khandelwal – Part 2
- Money Saving Tip # 4 – Want To Buy It? Wait For 15 Days
- 37 Quotes from The Best Book on Investing Ever Written
- Interview – Safal Niveshak’s Vishal Khandelwal – Part 1
- One Disturbing Fact About AliBaba’s IPO And How It Cautions Indian IPO Investors
- Doctors Required For Financial Prescriptions
- What I told a Frustrated Guy in Job. At 37, He Retired few Months Back – Part 3
- Dissecting The 98 Most Powerful Words That Can Make You Really Very Rich
- 98 Words That Can Make You Very Rich
- After 47.2% between Feb & May, PSU Bank Tracker Portfolio takes a breather with 10.9% – Update 3
- What Not To Do With Rs 10 Lacs
- Proof (Using 24+ Years Data) that Market Timing May Not Be Worth the Effort…Atleast for Us
- One of the Biggest Reasons You should be Investing. Even if you can’t beat the Markets.
- P/E Ratio of Indian Markets in July 2014 – Is It Telling Us Something?
- Mailbag: Should I take a Loan to Invest Now? (because Markets are making New Highs everyday)
- Tata Motors DVR – Why is it Rising Faster than shares of Tata Motors?
- Life @ 13.99%
- If You Want To Multiply Your Investments 2x, 3x or even 5x in a Year, then Please Don’t Buy This
- 7 Investment Strategies of A Non-Investor – Software Engineer Edition
- If You Are Not Super Rich & If This is What You Think About Investing, Then You Might Be Wrong
- The Wait Is Over – Launching the (Special) Ultra Long Term Stocks!!
- No. 1 Secret You Should Know Right NOW!!- Remember God & Not Stocks In Good Times
- Some Stocks in My Portfolio are Up More Than 100%!! But…
- This Stock is up 30,000% – So Why is my Relative Not Selling it?
- 10 PSU Banks which pushed up Portfolio Returns by 47% in last 3 months!!
- Important Details about soon-to-be-launched Ultra Long Term Stocks
- I like You. Do you Like me?
- If I Was Just Starting My Investment Journey in 2014, Here’s What I’d Do
- 292 Words to Change Your Financial Life…Today!!
- 3 Stories Which Helped Me Launch A (Special) Product To Make You Rich
- Money Saving Tip # 3 – Not For Those Who Are Married
- Sensex @ 40,000 in next 2 years!!
- Answer to the BIG question – “Why Am I Not Getting Richer?”
- What I told a frustrated guy in job. At 37, he retired last month – Part 2
- What I told a frustrated guy in job. At 37, he retired last month – Part 1
- Why I Want Indian Elections To Fail This Time?
- In 2 Minutes, I Can Tell You When You Will Retire!!
- Mailbag: I have a loan. Should I Pay It Off Before Investing?
- New Banking Licenses in India – The Winners
- Indian Markets At All Time Highs | Should You Buy? Or Should You Sell?
- Money Saving Tip # 2 : Turn Off Your Television!!
- Amazon To Buy Flipkart. Why?
- The Wealth Grid – A New Way To Track Your Money
- Can You Predict Stock Market Movements? The Answer Might Surprise You
- Money Saving Tip # 1 : An Evil Idea To Reduce Your Phone Bills
- Some People Are Making More Money than You & Me Because…
- PSU Banks are Losing Hell Lot of Money!! 1st Quarter Portfolio Update
- Why is it important to visit Graveyards of Dead Companies?
- One Big Lesson from the Wolf of Wall Street!!
- I Am Jealous Of This 29 Years Old Girl!!
- Need Help With Personal Finance Calculators? Meet Prof Excel!!
- PSU Holding Company – An Idea Whose Time Has Come?
- Is Holding Cash A Good Idea in Current Indian Markets?
- How To Become A Crorepati – The Ultimate Guide
- IOCL’s Disinvestment & How You Can Benefit From It?
- WTF… Wrist Watch On EMI??
- 2014 Would Be A Good One For Stocks. But…
- 5 Thoughts For Investing In 2014
- 100+ Warren Buffett Quotes To Inspire You
- One Big Problem With Compounding & Why You Cannot Become A Long Term Investor!!
- Long Term Investing Vs Short Term Trading
- You Only Have 20 Shots Left
- Stable Investor Turns Two
- 10 PSU Banking Stocks – A Tracker Portfolio
- Mailbag: I want to gift a Dubai trip to my wife. How do I fund it?
- Indian Market’s New Life Time High & Why Stable Investor Was Silent?
- 9 Stocks – Dead Monk Portfolio
- Stable Investor’s Interview
- Mailbag: How do I make an Emergency Fund?
- Mailbag: I am 45 years old & want to accumulate shares of good companies for next 20 years
- TATA Investments available at 50%+ discount to its NAV!! Should you buy?
- A trade that made Stable Investor lonely
- Latest P/E Ratio Analysis of Indian stock markets
- 200,000 Hits & A new page for your Personal Finance Questions
- What’s happening to stock markets, economy & your portfolio?
- Ability to Suffer
- Last 5 Years, Next 5 Years – A small study on Indian Stock Markets
- Mailbag: 22 years old & ready to invest for 25 years!!
- Mailbag: I want to invest Rs 10,000 every month
- If you are a Infosys shareholder, then you should read this…
- Top 23 Large Cap Indian Stocks
- Just Dial IPO – Better to give it a Miss(ed) Call
- How to use Recurring Deposits to make money in Stock Markets!!
- Unique way of investing in NSC (National Savings Certificate)
- Rethinking Dead Monk’s Portfolio – Part 2
- Rethinking Dead Monk’s Portfolio – Part 1
- PPFAS Long Term Value Fund – A niche fund in Indian Mutual Fund Space
- Announcing the Winner of Stock-In-A-Mug!!
- A look at major Indian stocks during the bottom of 2009 stock market crash
- Message for RSS Readers & Those who want to win a Sleek Coffee Mug!!
- Free Stock Mug Giveaway!! – 100,000 Hits Special
- Is it a good time to accumulate SAIL – Part 2
- Is it a good time to buy / accumulate shares of SAIL – Part 1
- Applying Management Theories (BCG Matrix, SWOT Analysis) to Your Investments
- Mailbag: Why do you choose such simple criterias for shortlisting stocks?
- 10 Stocks to Buy in a Market Crash
- A Case Study on Balmer Lawrie & Co., its Book Value, Dividends & how to decide when to buy this stock?
- Pay Yourself First: What does it mean and How to do it?
- How to calculate Compound Annual Growth Rate
- A Case Study on IOC (Indian Oil) & why its Book Value can be used as a criteria to buy the stock?
- A 9-Year Case Study of an investment in ONGC & why it is available close to its historically cheapest valuations?
- Mailbag: Don’t pray for stock market corrections!!
- Why are IPOs overpriced?
- Buying On Dips – Adding to Core Portfolio
- Déjà Vu?? Reliance Power (2008) & NTPC (2013)
- What to do with Clariant Chemicals (India)?
- Power of Compounding – When your money works for you rather than you working for money
- Are we too conservative?
- Year End Report (2012) on Stocks we wrote about & our Personal Portfolio
- ONGC Dividend History
- 2013 Indian Stock Market Predictions
- Multibagger of Long Term Investing
- Why they don’t discuss these 2 things on Indian Business Channels?
- Large Cap Nifty Stocks – Returns since our call in December 2011
- Top 10 Mutual Funds in India
- Stable Investor turns 1-year old!
- Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HUL): A good business is not always a good stock
- What is the purpose of Stable Investor?
- Cairn India: A dividend stock to buy for long term?
- 25 tips to become a better investor: An Investor’s Manifesto
- You cannot become a Successful Investor!
- Don’t Invest for Short Term. Don’t Save for Long Term
- Starbucks in India: Choose between a Coffee for Rs 150 or Rs 1.65 Lacs from SIP?
- How often should you check your stock portfolio?
- Building a portfolio for lazy investors
- Huge returns given by Nifty 50 Stocks & how we got it right back then 🙂
- Adding a new ‘State of the Market’ Tab
- 3 things to do before investing in stock markets
- Best Nifty Stocks and 3 questions that let us shortlist them
- Power of doing nothing in stock markets – Indian Stock Markets Perspective
- Stock Portfolio Performance – Update 1
- Nifty & Sensex Index Mutual Funds
- Index Funds – Why you should invest in them?
- Best Indian stocks to buy
- Stock Screeners for Indian Markets
- 10 good stocks to buy if markets correct
- Large cap Nifty stocks & 3 Year Lows
- Buy Low, Sell High – How to use market’s P/E ratio to profit from this strategy
- Dividend History of Indian companies – 10 Years
- Dividend Analysis of stocks in Dead Monk’s Portfolio
- 15 stocks to buy for long term in india – Dead Monk’s Portfolio
- Launching the Dead Monk’s Portfolio – Ground Rules
- Thoughts on starting a new portfolio – Part 4 – Why we prefer dividend investing for the Core of our portfolio?
- Thoughts on starting a new portfolio – Part 3 : Does entry price matter to a dividend investor?
- Thoughts on starting a new portfolio – Part 2
- Thoughts on starting a new portfolio – Part 1
- P/E Ratio, P/BV Ratio & Dividend Yield Analysis of Nifty50 : And how we can benefit from it
- Stable Investor – Change in approach & direction
- Shankar Sharma bids goodbye to Stock Markets
- SIP on Steroids – How to give boost to your regular investments?
- Warren Buffet’s Rule of not losing money
- Nifty Dividend Yields – A Long Term Analysis of relation between dividend yields and returns
- Guest Post: Beware of the Anchoring Bias!
- How Luck Helped Me Make 700% in Stock Market Crash of 2008
- Nifty Stocks and PEG Ratios
- Historical Sensex EPS Growth & PEG Ratio
- Sensex – Yearly Returns of last 20 years
- Dividend Investing in Indian Stocks
- Market Timing Or Disciplined Investing – Which is More Sensible?
- PE Ratio of Indian Markets – A Long Term Analysis
- Believe Us, You are not Warren Buffett!